What is the place among the methods of treatment of impotence taking pills for erection?
Currently, there are 5 groups of treatments for erectile dysfunction:
- Psychotherapy and sex therapy, which is used only for the so-called psychologically determined or psychogenic ED, less often as an auxiliary method for somatic or organic ED.
- Taking pills or pills for erection: Viagra, Cialis, Levitra. It is used as a means of the first choice (first-line therapy) for all forms of organic ED, regardless of its causes.
- Injection pharmacotherapy or “erection on demand”. It is used as a second-line therapy for all forms of ED in cases where erection pills do not give the desired effect or their use is contraindicated. Erection pills and injections of vasodilator drugs into the penis can be used simultaneously as a combination treatment option for impotence.
- Vacuum erection therapy or the use of vacuum erectors of various models and modifications to obtain or maintain an erection. It is a type of second-line therapy for organic and less often psychogenic forms of ED. 1) 90% efficiency. 2) There is no need to use drugs that have side effects. 3) Non-aggressive treatment. 4)Helps create an erection while maintaining all precautions.
- Surgical methods of treatment: operations on the vessels of the penis and phalloprosthesis. The first group of interventions is divided into operations on the veins (restriction of venous outflow) and arteries (increased arterial inflow) of the penis. Vein surgery can be effective in selected cases of ED, especially when combined with erection pills. Operations on the arteries are ineffective and are used less and less. Phalloprosthetics is the most effective and radical of all types of impotence treatment, the only method that gives a complete cure for organic ED. Surgical methods are usually used only in cases of organic ED when conservative therapy has failed.
So, erection pills are the first line of therapy, with which the treatment of any form of impotence most often begins. Viagra, Cialis, Fildena and Levitra are currently the only pills available in the world that have real effectiveness in the treatment of impotence.